Thursday, October 1, 2015

You Are Mine: Jackie Ashenden

**ARC copy provided by author via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.**

I really, really, really wanted to like this book. I was so excited for Zac and Eva's story. And it fell flat. I enjoyed it well enough until Zac decided he was going to take charge. I know he was all "I will never hurt you or push you too far and you are safe with me" but I did not like the way he played with Eva. Most of those scenes had me cringing and shaking my head.

 photo tumblr_inline_msfqc0bn8E1qz4rgp_zpswiqshr9n.gif

It didn't feel safe, and it most certainly didn't seem like he cared about Eva. Eva went through some pretty traumatic shit and I though Zac pushed her way too much.

I did enjoy getting Eva's background (even though it was heart wrenching). I liked getting to see another side of Zac, his protective side. I liked that Eva wasn't afraid to stand up to him, that she felt safe enough with him to be herself. 

The ending of the book shocked me a bit. Be warned, it is a sudden and explosive, with some repercussions that have lasting effects on all the characters, including a side character! 

Overall, the book was okay, it finished off the over-arcing plot that had me so hooked. But again, like the rest of the series, there was nothing that sucked me in so much that I couldn't put the book down. I think there is another book in the series coming out but I'm quitting now.

No comments:

Post a Comment