Monday, June 13, 2016

Catching Summer: L. P. Dover



I started this book without having read any of the rest of the series. I realized about halfway through that it actually was in a series, but that they could each be read as standalones.


I found this to be true. There were some characters and maybe some of the plot that would have been better understood if I had read the previous books, but I was able to follow along without problem.

I liked the whole of this book. I liked the characters, even though some of it was over the top dramatic, it was still well written. The heartache that Summer went through and is still experiencing during the book were awful, and sad (yes, somewhat unbelievable) but still made me feel for her.



Despite how much I liked it, it was still a bit blah, although, that may be because of all the recent books I've read. They have all been too much for me to handle, and this one seemed a bit dim in comparison. (Yes, I know I'm way, way behind on finally posting this review.)

I will most likely be going back to read the rest of the series now. I was really interested in quite a few of the characters, and am excited to read the next ones as well.

Here it is on Goodreads!

No comments:

Post a Comment