Wednesday, August 23, 2017

The Edge of Everything: Jeff Giles


This book is...interesting...I guess?

I'm still pretty on the fence about this one. It was some weird combination of a bunch of sci-fi-fantasy-romance books.

X is a bounty hunter for hell? I think? Zoe was human. Star crossed lovers and all that. A bunch of plot-twists and action and confusion ensues. The end. Basically.

Except, it ends on a cliffhanger, so I'm assuming at some point there will be a second one. I don't think I'll be waiting around for it.

Overall, it was pretty well written, with characters I enjoyed getting to know. X was pretty funny, and really just wanted to be normal, which was adorable. Zoe was a bit over dramatic, and a bit whiny honestly, but given that she's a teenage girl, I let it pass.

Even the side characters were good. Zoe's little brother pretty much made the book. I loved him. Ripper and Banger were off-beat characters, but written so that the reader can laugh and enjoy them.

 But the plot...the plot seemed to jump all over the place. This book was written from dual perspectives, but was frustrating in that the two perspectives took quite a while to actually contribute to one another (other than in the romantic sense). But bonus points! This took place in my home state, so that was cool.

It seemed choppy, and hard to follow, I felt as though I was missing important back information, but there was none, you just jump in and attempt to figure out what is going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment