Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Take Me Harder: Jackie Ashenden




As much as I wanted to like this one I just couldn't. The dialog was hard to get past. It was just so....cheesy. I get that Rush is supposed to be a cocky know-it-all who doesn't give a shit and likes to show off and be obnoxious on purpose, but it was just too much for me most of the time (so I guess in a way, that character is incredibly well-written).

Rush was annoying, and most of the time he spoke, I was rolling my eyes or skimming over what he said. Even the dirty talk guys, even then.

Ava was great, I loved her attitude. She knew what she wanted, wasn't afraid to take charge, speak her mind, or throw an asshole in handcuffs if necessary (which honestly might have been my favorite part of the book).

The plot was pretty basic. Predictable ending. It was your average romance book with sex. I know this one was the third in a series, but you don't really need the first two in order to understand this one. I thought it was perfectly fine as a standalone, although some of the characters had me interested in their books.

I read this one twice just to make sure I had the right feelings toward this book. Each time it only took me a day to read, and my opinion on it has not changed. It's still only 2 stars from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment