Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Still in Love With You: Lexie Davis




I really wasn't a huge fan of this one. It seemed fast paced, with a lot of background that we didn't get to see. Which made it feel very rushed, and like the characters were stagnant.

I absolutely could not stand Aubree. I get that she was supposed to be independent and a bit pushy and this somehow makes her charming. But I didn't get that impression. She came off as overbearing and way too pushy. She repeatedly broke personal boundaries after being told no, but don't worry, everyone seemed to be fine with it after the fact, as if that was the way Parker should be treated.

Parker was, on the other hand, a likable character. He knew what he wanted, even if he was afraid to go after it. I felt bad for the guy really, everyone in this town seemed to know what he wanted and needed better than he did, and they weren't afraid to go against everything that he told them not to do. For some reason this just bothered me. Just, give the guy some space, seriously. If this had been done to me I would have become a bit slap happy.



Overall this was an ok read. Like I said, it was fast, I read it all in one sitting. It wasn't very long, had a decent plot, and a sweet ending. If that sounds like something you're interested in then happy reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment