Tuesday, November 25, 2014

The Distance Between Us: Kasie West

This one has been on my list for a while, and I figured I should start clearing my TBR list off. Seriously, it needs to be dealt with. I have to give this book 3.5 stars. Don't get me wrong, it was a good book, but I had a few problems with it.

The ending. I just stared for a while, thinking something was wrong with my screen, that this wasn't right. But then I realized the truth, and all I could do was shake my head.

just, no gif photo: Ummm No Gif Ummm_No.gif

It was too sudden, left too many loose ends, and all in all, it was messy. I turned the page thinking that there were more words to come out of this book. But fate was cruel.

One other problem I had with it was the lack of background. These two characters come seemingly out of nowhere, along with some side characters. We get some background for our female lead, her dad left, she hates rich people because of it...blah blah blah.

But Xander, our male lead, doesn't give us much. All we know is that he is rich, doesn't want to inherit his father's hotel chain, and doesn't know what else he wants to do. I did enjoy him though, he was sweet, and cared about Caymen.

And the guy who Caymen thinks her mother is dating. Mathew I think? (Obviously not important enough of a character to care about). Who was he, want did he want?

As much as I struggled with some aspects of the female lead, I absolutely loved her sarcasm. Only a few other people in the book truly appreciated it. But man, I learned a lot of stuff from her. Caymen was smart and sharp. She wasn't afraid to get dirty, or to fight back.

I liked the plot line quite a bit. The relationship that Caymen has with her friends was genuine. It felt very realistic, they joked with each other, laughed, were always there for each other, and welcomed in new people with open arms. I'm hoping that the author will take pity on all of us and write a sequel, or just start a series. Yeah that would be great.

Here's to hoping that will happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment