Friday, August 26, 2016

Divine Ecstasy: Setta Jay




Okay, so I'm gonna be completely honest in this review.

As is obvious from the description of each of the books in this series, they are pretty much smut book. And I will totally own up to the fact that that was the only reason I started reading them.


That being said, I'm going to let you all in on a little secret. This series (if you look past all the sex) has an amazing plot. Like, seriously guys.

It starts out with this immortal race, and an elite group of them created to defend humanity against the Gods of old gone fucking crazy. They are charged with keeping the peace, making sure demons and whatnot stay in their proper place. But what happens when one of their race, a non-human, a son of a God goes crazy? Well, he wakes up an evil God, performs crazy experiments, and just generally causes destruction.

In order to continue the peace, the guardians must wake up Hades (one of three good Gods) and ask for his help. But then, he falls in love with one of the female Guardians.

That is what takes place in Divine Ecstasy. Hades falls in love and finds his mate, Sacha. They embark on their new life, with each other. In the meantime, a newly introduced alternate universe type thing comes into existence and guess what? They are also immortal warriors (yeah, I know it's a bit convoluted, just go with it) that want to take the Gods.

And now I'm kinda obsessed with figuring out what is going to happen. In this book there were a lot of answers to questions from previous books that went unanswered.

Hades and Sacha were both characters that I could get behind, I was rooting for them. They make such a great couple, and they take care of each other. I loved seeing Sacha's power grow, and merge with Hades' all-powerful ones.

At this point, most of the Guardians are mated, I think there are only two (three?) left, and I can't wait for it to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment