Monday, November 21, 2016

Wrong Place, Right Time: Elle Casey




Oh man, I absolutely love this author. And so of course, I loved this book.
I swear, every book she puts out has made me cry from laughing so hard. Between Jenny's sass and constant "Mother of the Year Award" mentions, there was a lot of humor. Elle Casey has a way of making her characters come to life, of making them feel like long-time friends by the time you finish the book.

This one was no different. First we have Dev. He is basically a giant (bald) gorilla man, that really might just be a big teddy bear. He won me over in the first book, after getting tased, and taken down in his surprise attacks. But in this book, he gained so much more depth; a single dad taking care of his disabled son, amazing. He is honestly the perfect book boyfriend.



Beautiful.

And our lead lady, Jenny. Jenny may not have been as gung-ho for the Bourbon Street Boys job as her sister was, but she felt more real to me. A single mom struggling to take care of her kids because the father is terrible at it. But even in the book, it was obvious how much she loved her kids. She came across as a great mom, but it wasn't anything over-the-top crazy.

Again, one thing that bothered me was that they fell in love so fast. Granted, it wasn't all done in one week, and they each had their reservations. But this one didn't end in a marriage after hardly getting to know each other. They each put their kids first, which definitely gave them each points in my book.

Overall this book was great. It was a quick and easy read, fun, flirty, with just the right amount of smut to keep me happy and ready for the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment