Monday, November 28, 2016

Meat: Opal Carew




Alright, so I have to say that the last Opal Carew book I read...was a flop to me(I think I still have nightmares). This one was much better. Now, it was still a little crazy  (I mean come on, having all this sex, with no condom, and after like a week, a proposal? Seriously!?).

That's just.....ugh. Ok, moving on.


Well, I did like the characters in this book. Rex was a likeable character, all tall and sexy and tatted up. What's not to like (so...I suppose there is one thing, but I'm not going to spoil anything if you haven't read it yet).

Rebecca was also pretty likeable. She was a take charge kind of girl, and she wasn't afraid to stand up for herself. I really liked that. She was a businesswoman, and a good one, at that. Rebecca definitely wasn't afraid of getting what she wanted in life, by being assertive. And man, that is so refreshing for a book like this. It's too often that these books are all about a woman falling for a guy, and then lose themselves, relying on their man for everything.

Not Rebecca. Although I'm not a huge fan of her health choices, she was a perfect fit for someone like Rex.

Overall, this book was pretty good (especially compared to the last one I read by this author). It was a really quick read, with a pretty predictable plotline. The book is resolved, I didn't leave with any unanswered questions, but I felt like it was left a little too open. There is an opening for a second book.

No comments:

Post a Comment