Thursday, December 28, 2017

Royal Affair: Marquita Valentine



Finally, a romance book that got me back into the genre. This book was sweet, with a great plot, and just enough romantic angst to keep me happy. This installation was about Princess Charlotte and Brooks, the man who outed her family and sent them out of hiding. I loved Charlotte, she was as relatable as a princess can be. Brooks was the "villain" that wasn't so villainish as we first think.

The character development was perfect for these two characters, and the complemented each other so well. I loved Brooks' family, especially his brother. The ending left me a bit off-kilter. It wasn't what I expected to happen, or necessarily wanted, but it worked well with the story. 

This was well written and interesting and made me want to squeal a bit because it was so cute in some parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment