Thursday, December 28, 2017

The Heartbeat Hypothesis: Lindsey Frydman


The good news: my tear ducts most definitely still work.
The bad news: I can't stop crying.


I was in no way prepared for this book to be so emotional. This was a pretty dark book, lots of death and horrible things happen, like, seriously. I was in shock at how emotionally devastating this book truly was. This author wrote an amazing first book.

I loved Audra, she was full of life and spirit, and watching her find her way back to that was a rough ride, but worth reading. Jake was the quintessential guy-with-dark-and-tormented-backstory. He and Audra's relationship was something that grew naturally, through pain and heartbreak, but with love and bonds that are hard to break. 

But, as hard as this book was to read at some points, it really was beautiful. It was so well-written and well thought out that I can't stop thinking about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment