Monday, February 2, 2015

Ignite: Erica Crouch

**Copy provided by author via NetGalley in exchange for honest review.**

Wow, I'm not sure quite what I was expecting, but this wasn't it. This book far surpassed my expectations. I loved the plot and characters so much, I'm thrilled to read the next one.

I have such a hard time finding angel/demon stories that are actually worth reading. This one was pretty thorough, the author has crafted a world that is filled not only with demons that walk among us, but angels as well.

Pen was such a lovable character, she saw herself as evil because of the things that she has done. She and her brother, Azael, both fell from heaven, and now work for Lucifer. Enter an angel named Michael (oh yes, that Michael) and now we have a forbidden romance.

Michael is able to see past the evil that Pen thinks she is. He sees the good, and the capability for even more. Micheal was adorable, he was like a little lost puppy who was a bit too curious about everything. He didn't understand a lot about the way the world is now, and Pen tried to help him out, but I enjoyed the comedy bits.


It was interesting to see something new in an angel series. The author brings in the Lilim virus, which I thought was a neat twist. Not only to Pen and Michael have to stop the apocalypse, but also the Lilim virus, and fend off Heaven and Hell while doing it. 

Pen and Azael's relationship was interesting. I felt like I understood it, they looked out for each other with a sort of love, but apparently Azael didn't even love her at all. Ass. I liked the banter between them, but by the end of the book, I was frustrated and upset with that man. He meant so much to Pen, and he was nothing but an ass. I'm very curious to see what happens to him in the next book. I don't want him to be killed off, but I get the feeling that is going to happen. I loved the chapter from his perspective, and I hope we get some more of it. Especially now that he is no longer with Pen, and we don't know what his new mission is going to be.

The end of this book left quite a few questions unanswered, enough to get me to read the next one, but not so many that I felt like giving up.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone who likes angel/demon series and is frustrated by the utter lack of decent ones around.

No comments:

Post a Comment