Thursday, December 15, 2016

Undeniable: Cherie M. Hudson




Ahhhhhh, this series makes my heart so happy.



I mean, come on. All of these books have been amazing, and cute, and so sweet I can feel myself getting cavities. This author has a way of making her characters come to life, of making me wish for a happy ending for all of them.

Now, this series has always packed an emotional punch, but this one was like a kick in the ribs. It was a roller coaster from beginning to end. This story featured a female lead that was deaf in one ear and hard of hearing in the other. Chase was an amazing character. I fell in love with her during the last book. She is fierce, and loving, and so loyal.

Caden is much the same, as much as I didn't want this book to be his, I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked it. Caden was so caring, and so willing to do whatever was necessary for Chase.

This book hit me on a more personal one. I have a very good friend that is deaf, and Caden learning sign so that he can communicate more easily with Chase....it just made my heart melt. Sign language isn't the easiest to learn, but it just proves how much Caden loves Chase. Not to mention, he's been travelling halfway across the world just to visit her.

This whole series is great. I do recommend reading the previous book, so that you can understand the background for this installment.

I think that may have been one of my favorite parts. These two characters have known each other for a while now, it took time between them to get together. Chase had to get over a bad relationship, and Caden patiently waited for her. This wasn't some crazy meeting that ends up with the couple getting married one week later after having nonstop sex. It was an invested relationship (even if they didn't like each other at first).

As far as romance goes, it was good, there were some pretty good steamy scenes in here as well (full of emotion and love instead of just a whole bunch of crazy sex between two people who hardly know each other). I highly recommend this one as a perfect read for an in between book slump.

No comments:

Post a Comment