Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Royal Scandal: Marquita Valentine




Can I just say how much I love these awesome and quite ridiculous prince-in-hiding falling in love with a girl who doesn't know it but then gets to become a princess plots? Because I absolutely love them. Seriously. And now that I think about it, there are more than there probably should be. But oh well.

So when I saw this one pop up on my dash, I ran for it screaming with excitement.


And let me tell you. This book lived up to all my expectations. It was perfectly cheesy, cute, predictable, funny, dramatic and emotional, but well worth the read. It was an easy read, and I did it all in one sitting.

Colin was a great character. The traditional perfect prince. He is kind, protective, and loyal to those he loves. Della was wonderful. She was kind and loves and devotes herself to those she considers family. I loved the interaction between the two of them as well. Colin was so taken by her, and she was so sassy, so fun and livened up his life.

Of course, what would a book like this be without a slightly-crazy but still relevant fight between the lovely couple? Boring, really, really boring. And even though the conflict was meant to bring in some drama, some new element to the story, I just couldn't help but feel like this particular argument/drama bit has been done just a tad too much. It was still good, and as far as secret-prince with an unknowing girl go, there isn't a whole lot of other conflict that meshes well. I did enjoy the whole parents-were-crazy plot. That kept the book interesting for sure, it was something new that I hadn't really encountered before in a book like this.

Colin's family were great characters as well. In fact, most all the side characters were likable. 

Overall, I really did like the book. It was well-written and just a good read. Really guys, I guess...just read it.

And now I get to read the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment