Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Lover Eternal (BDB #2): J. R. Ward

I'm going to have to give this one 4.5 stars. The characters were phenomenal, and the plot thickens! And hey...

 photo tumblr_mlkjdsfUf11s2quxxo1_250_zpsljzwmaay.gif

...so what's not to like?

In the second book of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, we are in the minds of quite a few different people. Our lead characters, Rhage and Mary are perfect for each other. I loved the way that Mary was able to tame (literally) Rhage just by being a strong female. She didn't take any shit, from any of the brothers (I'm lookin at you Zsadist), and relied on no one to take care of her but herself. She didn't need anyone else, but let them help anyway.

Rhage cracks me up. I like the dimensional personality that we get from him. He is strong (of course, this is an alpha-male-love book) but has his weaknesses. He is known in the vampire world for his sexual prowess, and it looks like he lives up to the legend. Mary, I applaud you going multiple, multiple rounds with someone who has an orgasm for what seemed like a full five minutes...

But uh, if you ever get sick of it...you can always send him this way.

Getting to know some other characters was fun too. We got further into the mind of Butch, now living with the vampires, still having the hots for Marissa. We get to meet Bella, Mary's vampire neighbor, who has a thing for Zsadist (...again with these weird ass names! but whatevs, he is my favorite). And of course, we meet John Matthew (yay!). Now, I have read further on than this book, and if you haven't, let me tell you, John Matthew is going places. Hot, sweaty, sexy places with more muscles than girls know what to do with.

One thing I really liked about this book was the traditions of the world that the author has created. She never crosses herself when talking about the language or customs. The rythe was interesting, and I thought it was creative to tie into the story as a bonding experience not only for Mary and Rhage, but getting into the minds of the brothers as well.

The end was alright, I was happy with it, but not too happy. I'm glad the couple ends up together, but I wanted more! Oh well. It is still true love.

Overall, a really enjoyable read, a few minor annoyances, a bit on the long side, but still a book I would recommend to those of you considering it.

No comments:

Post a Comment