Thursday, January 15, 2015

Lead (Stage Dive #3): Kylie Scott

When I saw that this book was available, and that I had somehow missed the memo; I just...had to happy dance.



This book was the best so far in the series, I loved Jimmy and his character early on in the series, even though he was an ass. I'm glad we got to see behind everything that he put on, and I loved his character development.

The only word I can use to describe Lena is feisty. Tamed by no one, fierce and pretty wild at times, yet was still able to care for Jimmy.

I greatly appreciated Lena's sarcasm and large amount of wit. I absolutely loved it. She had no problem checking him out, joking around with him, or just being generally obnoxious with Jimmy. Whenever they fought I wanted to get some popcorn and settle in for the show; it was always pretty entertaining.



" 'For goodness sake, what do you think Jimmy? That I stole it to sleep in or something?' I laughed bitterly. Sure as hell, the truth deserved a good mocking. I'd sunk so despicably low."

Her stealing Jimmy's shirt was one of the highlights of this book, I don't know why, but it made me laugh so hard. I liked that Lena had no problem giving Jimmy sass back, she was great when working with him. Settling him down, working with him through his problems, even though he didn't want to, and keeping him in line with sobriety and being a dick.

Jimmy grew so much during this book, and I really wished that I could have been in his head, just once. Every time Lena described him, and every time he did something for Lena, I just wanted to get one of his awkward hugs and sigh a little bit.

The ending isn't exactly what I was expecting. I had hoped for more, that maybe it would go a little bit farther, but it just ended. I'm excited for the next book, if only to see more of the characters we have already read about. For some reason, Ben and Lizzy as a couple don't hold the appeal that the rest of the band did.

However, this author is phenomenal, so I know it will have to be no less than awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment